Full Body Workout; One Piece of Equipment
You don’t have to go to the gym to get all of the benefits of strength training. Look into purchasing a resistance band. Most resistance bands range from $5-$20 depending on the resistance level and quality. The resistance levels range from light resistance to heavy and sometimes beyond heavy. Once you have purchased your band, check out the benefits of using them and the “beginner” band exercises below!
Benefits of using Resistance Bands:
- Adaptable for all fitness levels. As stated above, those at a beginning fitness level can use the bands, and not have to worry about knowing what different weights in the gym are for.
- Full body workout. Your whole body can get a workout while using resistance bands. The bands require you to use stability throughout the entire movement, which requires the use of multiple muscle groups.
- Easy to pack and travel with. Resistance bands are lightweight and won’t take up much space in your suitcase, making them a perfect accessory to pack. Bring them with you to do a workout without having to leave your hotel room!
- Save on storage space. Having free weights lying around takes up large amount of space. If you are tight on space, having a couple of resistance bands that can be folded up into tiny squares might be a great option for you!
- Exercise safely, when alone. You do not need someone to spot you, or worry about dropping a weight on your foot; plus it’s not a good idea to be lifting heavy weights without your workout buddy. Resistance bands can be used safely at home without needing someone there!
- Easy on the joints. Not putting strain on your joints is important if you want to avoid injury. Resistance bands are low impact and easy on the joints while providing the benefits of traditional strength training.
Equipment needed: Stretch band, chair and a good attitude!
Resistance Band Exercises