- By FitForsyth
- Posted Friday, April 7, 2017
Cinnamonlicious French Toast
- 3 Slices of light bread (40 to 45 calories each with about 2g fiber per slice)
- ½ cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon divided
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 no-calories sweetner packet
Combine egg substitute with vanilla extract and half of the cinnamon (¼ teaspoon). Use the egg mixture as an egg wash, and dip your bread into it.
Cook bread over medium heat in a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, flipping after a few minutes. Once both sides are brown, plate ‘em, and sprinkle with sweetener and the remaining ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon.
Makes 1 Serving
Per Serving (3 Slices): 195 calories, 1 g fat, 535mg sodium, 32 carbs, 8g fiber, 19g protein
This French toast is super on its own, but feel free to serve it with sugar-free maple syrup, sugar free preserves, fresh berries, and/or a squirt of fat-free whipped cream. I also like making this French Toast into sticks. If you want to try it that way, just cut the bread into strips before dipping into the egg wash. You’ll feel like you’re eating more that way too!